Translate

Thursday, January 18, 2018

A little letter to a very special girl

Happy New Year everyone! what a year 2017 was right? I for one am happy it is over. Although 2018 hasnt been wonderful either and fuck were only in the first month. Lets start with the good. Athena had her head scanned (twice thanks to the hospital not getting the correct shot the first time), and although the results were "abnormal" they think shell be fine. Comforting right? Apparently my baby will have a small head but she is expected to develop just fine. So that is good news. I also got my review at work and despite that fact that I thought I would not be receiving a raise this year I actually scored outstanding and will be getting a raise. Which makes me feel pretty awesome and good about all the hours I put into work. We have a new Doctor at our practice who is pretty fucking hilarious and she of course is my age which shot to the ego here makes me feel like a failure. "Oh you're the same age as me and you're a doctor? thats amazing, Oh me? yea I can down an entire bottle of wine in less than 5 minutes but what you're doing is good too". A lot has been going on at work and not to tell anyone's business, some people have had to miss work and I am keeping them in my thoughts because it has been a rough few months for them and I don't blame them for missing work not at all, but it just sucks that they're going through this terrible shit. One thing I will talk about is Daisy (and hopefully her mom wont kill me for talking about her...that is if she even reads this...if she does than HIIII but seriously dont hate me). Daisy is a co-workers dog who I absolutely love.
  Here she is. She is the sweetest, kindest and funniest dog I have ever met and although she wasn't mind she holds a special place in my heart. A while back Daisy was attacked and was hurt pretty bad. My co-worker (dare I say friend) brought her in and she looked rough. Between her mom, the doctors and about 3 other techs that day, Daisy was not left unattended. We were scared for her and wasn't sure if she would make it. But as time passed she got better and started to heal up nicely started acting like her goofy self until after Christmas when all of the sudden things changed. Daisy wasn't eating and her mom knew something wasn't right. Cancer. Fucking Cancer. I will die a happy woman if I never have to deal with that word again but unfortunately I know that wont happen. The day we found out I tried not to cry. I tried to be strong for my friend but again I love Daisy and my heart was broken. They tried Chemo but it wasn't working. We all knew in a sense what would happen next. Daisy passed. I got a call from a friend at work. "Daisys gone Rai" and I just cried. I fell to the ground and cried. I cried for Daisy, I cried for her mom and I cried because my heart was broken. Pittys get a bad rap but this girl could light up a room she was beyond special just like her mom. Now her mom is going through some other things and to be honest she is one of the strongest people I know. I work with some pretty amazing people. Yes it is an all female practice and we will bitch and moan about each other but when it is all said and done at the end of the day these people are my family and when they hurt, I hurt. So Daisy, just know that I love you and will miss you more than you know and I promise to watch out for your momma. Titi loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment